Have you suffered a life-altering loss?
Do you feel like no one understands what you are experiencing as you are grieving?
You’re not alone.
Do you feel like you’re going crazy?
You’re not crazy
Upcoming Book Release
“Debbie’s riveting book on grief and healing is more than a heart opening personal journey of loss. Beginning with her husband dying unexpectedly, she offers insights and exercises at the end of each chapter as she navigates her new life (to help readers cope with their own myriad of feelings after losing a loved one). Debbie is an extraordinary writer and an empathic therapist with a deep connection to the spiritual ties that bind us with our loved ones for eternity. This book is an essential read for anyone suffering from any kind of loss.”
— Laura Lentz, Editor
You Are Not Alone
• Is Debbie’s emotional story of grief, healing, and spiritual transformation combined with her professional experience as a trauma therapist to offer hope and help normalize the grieving process.
• Can be opened to any page to begin reading. Grief is non-linear and so is your healing.
• Invites you to consider the spiritual and metaphysical connections between the living and those who have passed.
Debbie is a psychotherapist in private practice in New York City. Her husband, Jim, died suddenly in her arms when she was only 36 years old. He had been healthy and vibrant – the doctors compared the probability of his death by heart attack to being struck by lightning. That lightning strike ended her life as she knew it and thus began the “baptism by fire” that brought her to her new future.
Debbie’s book, You Are Not Alone, is the book she wishes she’d had when she was grieving, and wishes she had now to offer clients experiencing life-altering losses. With the connection of a shared experience, Debbie guides the reader through grief to transformation and a new beginning.
Debbie has an MA in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness from New York University. She has completed a two year post graduate Advanced Trauma Studies program from the Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy and is trained in various modalities that inform a holistically based practice including EMDR, Internal Family Systems, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Energy Psychology, and Hypnosis. In 2012 she received the NYU Steinhardt Award for Outstanding Clinical Service.
As hard as it might be for you to believe right now, I want you to know:
You will heal. You will not only survive, but you can thrive and find joy and meaning in your new life.
This may not be the life you had before – but it is still your life to live.
You Are Not Alone, by Debbie Augenthaler:
• Integrates therapeutic insights using conversational, non-clinical language
• Gives you simple exercises to help guide you from grief to solace and healing.
• Provides comfort, normalization, and even humor as you are guided from grief to hope to healing
Be notified as soon as Debbie’s book, You Are Not Alone is available.